A picturesque and authentic Dalmatian fishing village and small harbor on the northern coast of the central Dalmatian island of Brac, 5 km from Supetar. Brac Island ferry lines is connected with Split and Makarska. The village is primarily a quiet family holiday and for those guests who love the homemade cuisine and wines from local wine producers.
The harbour of the settlement worked in the antiquity, through which they transported the stone being mined here to the Split Diocletianus palace’s building, already. The quarry the settlement near direct one can be found and today visible here into a rock the creation of one of the stonecutter of carved Herkules relief, the palace. Splitska foundation happened in the 13. century. Stomornai church devoted to a virgin mother’s respect was built in 1228. The settlement but not it was destroyed later with a shock the omiši neretvans.
Splitska started taking shape in the 16. century again only. It was the reason of this that settlements were exposed to the pirates’ attacks often close to the seacoast. G. Giustinian a Venetian official writes that the settlements of the Brač island are in the inside of the island in 1553, but already in seven bays apartment houses can be found. Splitska name is mentioned in 1577 first when Mihovil Cerinić is škripi a nobleman built a castle on the settlement due to the approaching Turkish danger. In the 16. century Francesco Morosini Venetian admiral (later doge) the beautiful one dropped in onto some days in eastern one returning from his road onto a little settlement and here took tree, meat, wine and cheese for the crew. His 1722. August then Venetian governing Sebastiano Mocenigo more than forty days stayed on the settlement, his tent the nearly he had it opened on a field and held a public reception. Heard of him here, that it was elected as a doge, which one with various feasts and it nearly a forest celebrated with setting him on fire. Splitska was not only beautiful place already in that time, but one of the considerable harbours of this part of the island.
The Venetian rule came to an end in 1797 and Austrian teams marched in into Dalmácia. The island got under the rule of the French overcoming the Austrian ones in 1806, but napoleon lipcsei it was Austrian ones’ again after his defeat. In 1918 the new Serbo-Croatian-Slovene state, the part of later Yugoslavia was then. He belonged to socialist Yugoslavia after the war. The settlement is independent Croatia’s part since 1991. 368 were the residents of the settlement in 2011, who lived on agriculture, olive growing, a viticulture primarily, but the tourism improved in a fast beat.